Bread Machine White Bread
A nice loaf of white bread-I make one every other day. The onion soup mix is a nice option for a savory loaf.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 5mins
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons shortening or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix, for hassle free onion bread (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the Bread Machine Bowl except yeast, which you place in the yeast hopper.
- Press start and walk away until it beeps, which will be 4 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a simple recipe that makes a really excellent loaf in my bread machine. It came out soft in the centre but wonderfully crusty on the outside. I made a loaf last night and I've just put another one on because I know the first one won't last long. On a personal note, no milk powder so very easy to make this recipe vegan by using dairy free margerine. I haven't tried the onion idea yet but I will. Thank you. I will be using this a lot I think.