Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Irresistible, flexible, fast and easy! Each box of phyllo shells makes 15 miniature quiches, perfect for entertaining and for A Taste of Yellow 2008, supporting cancer survivors and their families. This came from The Perfect Pantry. I have not tried this, posting for future use.
- 12 ounces miniature phyllo cups (1 package mini phyllo shells)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced onions or 1 tablespoon shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced zucchini
- 1 pinch of minced fresh thyme
- 1 pinch of minced fresh parsley or 1 pinch chives
- kosher salt and black pepper (or piment d'Espelette, to taste)
- Remove the shells from the package and place on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375°F In a small bowl, whisk the egg and set aside.
- In a small nonstick frying pan, heat the oil. Add onion, bell pepper, and zucchini, and sauté for 2 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly cooked. Remove from heat, allow to cool for one minute, stir in the herbs, and add the mixture to the egg. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the shells with the egg mixture. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until egg is set. Serve hot or at room temperature.