Recipe by Keeferop
This recipe is from my lovely Oma!!! Perfect for breakfast or a PM snack. Note: This does not taste like a traditional pancake!! Its an oven pancake; different & better ;)
Top Review by Speedy'sMom
I'm in heaven!! I've made this three times in 10 days. I've always enjoyed this at a pancake house at home where my folks live. They assemble it table side - fill with fresh berries, top with a lemon juice/powdered sugar syrup. Decadent. I made it in a deep dish glass pie pan - still working out the oven temp/time adjustment for glass, but it is easy to tell when done - great pouf in center that will collapse when out of oven leaving raised rim to corral all the sweet goodness of topping. Also great with syrup. Leftovers reheat great in microwave - if you have any! Now I'll be able to try other things on the menu when I visit my folks,
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, salt & nutmeg into mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly with milk.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Heat butter in oven in 9" skillet.
- When butter bubbles, pour batter into skillet & bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until pancake is set and golden brown.