1 hr 20 mins
This recipe is a family favourite from my Dutch Oma. According to my aunt, the recipe isn't Dutch, but came from a 4-H cookbook in the 1960's. It makes a huge recipe but can be baked in two smaller pans. Frozen rhubarb can be used, just thaw and drain first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 10 by 15" Pyrex baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3Prepare base by mixing 3 cups flour, 1 cup butter, salt, baking powder and 2 eggs in the bowl of a mixer until dough resembles streusel crumbs.
- 4Pat three-quarters of the base dough into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 5Set aside remainder in a small bowl.
- 6In mixer bowl (it doesn't need to be cleaned), combine 3 cups sugar, 1 cup flour, melted butter and 3 eggs and mix until combined. Add rhubarb and mix gently.
- 7Spread over base and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 8Crumble remaining base dough over cake like streusel crumbs. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 9Bake at 350F for one hour.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oma's Giant Rhubarb Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2551 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 122.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g