Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I'd also probably up the anchovy quotient, but I'm a freak that way. Don't use dried basil or parsley! It would be better just to leave it out. I also took out the addition of salt, since olives and anchovies have quite a lot of that.
- 2 anchovy fillets (more to taste, I like my tapenade with at least 5 or so anchovy fillets)
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (original recipe called for 1/2 cup mayo)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, Chopped
- Chop and mash the anchovies on a cutting board.
- Put them into a bowl and mix with the olives and worcestershire sauce.
- Blend in the olive oil and add all the rest of the ingredients, blending well.
- Cover with olive oil and plastic wrap, and chill.
- Serve with crackers or as a toppping for pizza or bruschetta with some roma tomatoes and fresh mozzarella.
Had this for a party - it was a big hit! Very good with crackers!