Simple Olive Tapenade
photo by COOKGIRl
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup olive, pitted (assorted, cracked green, kalamata, oil-cured)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes, finely diced (ripe)
- 1⁄8 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1⁄8 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted and chopped
- Pulse olives and garlic in food processor until finely chopped. Stir in tomatoes and pine nuts.
- Serve spread on french bread lightly brushed with olive oil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First I added only one tomato (roma) and doubled the amount of sun dried tomatoes. Pulsed everything and I have forgotten how quick, easy and delicious tapenade is to prepare. I really need to add it to the menu more often. Used a variety of imported olives including nicoise and I'm sure one or two Greek/Italian olives sneaked in the back door. The tomatoes and various olives including green ones were an added color bonus, too. No salt (the olives were quite salty on their own) and lightly drizzled with extra virgin olive oil for presentation. Recipe was required to prepare this recipe: Recipe #229763 and read how I showcased the tapenade . Thank you!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a now vegan who used to make one heck of a souvlaki. I love cooking, I was a huge fan of Moosewood and Molly Katzen prior to going vegan (although that has nothing to do with my choosing the name Katzen - that's just what my German Grandma has called me all my life.) Aside from cooking, I also love scuba diving, cycling, politics, and reading.