I received an email this morning with a few Olive Garden Copycat recipes in it. Here is one of them that I don't see posted on Zaar yet.
FOR THE SAUCE
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 ounce knorr newburg sauce mix (or similar)
- 1 (32 ounce) cancanned crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, halved (or quartered if large)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tablespoons butter, for sauteing
FOR THE PASTA
- 1 lb fresh linguine (or quality dry pasta)
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 1 lb large shrimp, fully cooked, thawed and drained
- Melt butter in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook one minute. Add remaining spice and tomato ingredients, stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Saute vegetables about 3 minutes until crisp - tender. Add to the sauce and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Cook pasta according to directions. When pasta is almost done, stir shrimp into sauce to heat through. Do not boil. Spoon Primavera over hot linguine. Pass Parmesan cheese.