Recipe by SaraFish
Subtle, savory and rich. I like to add a bit of fresh parmesan but it's yummy even without it.
Top Review by duonyte
Usually you are warned not to use fresh garlic in bread doughs, as it inhibits the action of the yeast. Well, the sourdough conquered all. I was very pleased with how well this rose. I added the garlic and cheese, and some fresh rosemary, at the beginning.Reduced the salt to 1 tsp. I kept my olives quite large and kneaded them in after removing the dough from the machine. Otherwise you can end up with purple dough, which just does not look as appealing. Thanks for a very nice recipe.
- 2 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use dough cycle of bread machine to prepare dough.
- At end of cycle, knead more flour into dough if it is too sticky to handle.
- Shape and place on baking sheet (I try to shape in a baguette) or into loaf pan.
- Bake 350 for 35- 45 minutes until golden.
- Cool slightly before slicing.