1/2 Photos of Ole! Fresh Salsa Verde
The Spice Guru's Note:
My recipe for salsa verde.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh tomatillo, husked and rinsed
- 1 whole fresh jalapeno pepper (seeded after roasting)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves (1 bunch without stems)
- 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1FIRE-ROASTED METHOD: Fire-up the broiler; REMOVE tomatillo husks and rinse with warm water; remove stems from fresh jalapeno peppers.
- 2ARRANGE whole tomatillos and whole jalapeno pepper(s) on a broiler pan.
- 3BROIL until just lightly charred on top surface.
- 4REMOVE broiler pan when tomatillo skins are just lightly charred and split: USE a spoon or spatula to remove from broiler pan.
- 5SQUEEZE 2 tablespoons juice from kneaded fresh Key limes; remove leaves from 1 bunch fresh cilantro to make 3/4 cup.
- 6PLACE tomatilloes and desired remaining ingredients into a food processor.
- 7PROCESS until smooth.
- 8ADJUST to personal taste, if desired. It is now ready to serve, but may be simmered if desired to mellow flavor.
- 9SERVE any way you like.
- 10SNAP your fingers and shout,"OLE"!
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ole! Fresh Salsa Verde
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 97.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: