Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is something my 9 year old and I came up with one night when we went to make dinner and the cupboard was bare! While certainly not gourmet food, it's a real kid pleaser, and I thought it wasn't too bad either. Quick and easy for a weeknight meal when you have little time and nothing thawed! Make it a little more zippy for adult tastes by adding cumin and chopped cilantro or a little curry if you'd like.
Top Review by French Tart
Easy, and very tasty! I used vegetarian hot dog sausages as mum and dad are veggies! I took your advice and used cumin and chili to perk it up a bit. Served with Gerry' Holiday Bread Buns for a great, hearty Autumn supper. Made for #33 and the Aussie recipe swap. Merci darlink, FT:-)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 6 hot dogs
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken noodle soup
- 15 ounces water
- 1 cup frozen vegetables, of your choice
- 2⁄3 cup instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice weiners into pieces and add all ingredients except the cheese to a 2 quart casserole dish, and mix well.
- Cook in microwave until liquid is absorbed (approx 15 minutes or so).
- Top with cheese and microwave it again until cheese is melted, or pop it into the oven if you want the cheese to be a little more crusty.