Recipe by marisk
This is from the Great American Recipes collection. To freeze: cut into slices and wrap in foil or plastic wrap.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- lemon slice (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream butter and shortening until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice.
- Beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes on wire rack, then remove from pan.