Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
In 'Perfect Party Food' by Diane Phillips
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked in boiling salted water until al dente and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onions or 1⁄2 cup scallion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet pickle (about 6 small pickles)
- 1 medium red bell peppers or 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the warm pasta, oil, salt, and pepper; allow to cool, then add the onion, celery, pickles, and bell pepper; toss to blend.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, milk, mustard, and celery seeds; pour half over the salad and toss to coat.
- **At this point, cover and refrigerate the salad and remaining dressing for at least 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- One hour before serving, remove the salad from the refrigerator, add more dressing, if needed, and taste for salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Variations--try adding any of these to the salad:.
- *2 cups frozen peas, defrosted.
- *2 cups smoked turkey or ham cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- *2 cups cherry tomatoes, whole, or cut in half.
- *2 cups pimento-stuffed green olives, drained and chopped.
- *2 cups ranch dressing, in place of the mustard/mayonnaise combination; omit the celery seeds.
- *6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced.
awesome salad everyone in my family loved it even my picky son :D
Very easy with lots of good veggies! I enjoyed this salad. Thanks!