- 236.59 ml uncooked quick oatmeal
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 29.58 ml margarine, melted and cooled
- 59.14 ml flour
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 2.46 ml vanilla or 2.46 ml other extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oats and buttermilk in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add the egg and margarine.
- Stir just to blend.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture along with the extract.
- Stir to moisten.
- If too thick, add extra buttermilk.
- Cook on a sprayed griddle or skillet til bubbles appear, then flip and cook about the same amount of time.
- Serve with syrup.