Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Grandpa used to make this on cold winter nights, always hit the spot. Easy and delicious, warms you right up! Especially good with a shot of Baileys on a really cold night!
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon sugar (more or less depending on preferance)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- Heat milk, butter and vanilla on stove top until just boiling.
- Combine cocoa, sugar, cinnamon in mug.
- Pour milk into mug and stir.
- Top with whip cream if desired.
this was really easy to make but I'll probably add more cocoa and sugar because it tasted mostly like warm milk
This tasted like hot milk w/ some other things added in. There is not near enough cocoa, or anything else. Ended up starting over & I added 2 tbs of cocoa, and 1 tbs of sugar. Omitted the vanilla. Perhaps it is a typo? 1 tsp of cocoa does not make any difference to a cup of milk besides change the color in my opinion. Sorry.
Wow! I'll never go back to packaged hot chocolate again! This was super easy!