Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have lost this several times now, putting it here for safe-keeping!!! An oldy from the '60's that I LOVE!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (26 ounce) jarthick spaghetti sauce, I use Ragu
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ground parmesan cheese
- Saute first 6 ingredients til meat is done, breaking up beef.
- Drain grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce and sugar, and simmer over very low heat. *You can also use 2 cans tomato soup instead, that's what my mom used, but I prefer spaghetti sauce.
- Cook noodles. (Undercook slightly.).
- While noodles are cooking, in blender or food processor blend the cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream.
- Stir in green peppers and green onions.
- Drain noodles.
- Pour noodles into greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese mixture.
- *You can make 3 simple layers, or you can divide the noodles and mixtures in half and make 6 layers total before topping with cheeses.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Sprinkle very lightly with dried parsley if desired.
- Bake in 350º oven for 30-40 minutes.
- *I use a 1 lb. 10 oz. jar Ragu spaghetti sauce, there apparently is a glitch.
- Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread.
This is delicious...I love making this casserole in the fall & winter. Very comforting! Thanks.
very good will have again !!