This is a great recipe to make on a cold rainy day! It makes the house feel warm and cozy. Its also nice to make when a loved one doesn't feel well. Its so much better than the canned stuff. This is one of my families favorites and another recipe I learned from my mom =)
- In a large stock pot place the cleaned whole chicken and fill the pot with GOOD water about 3 inches above the chicken. I also add a Bay leaf. Bring to a boil on high heat and continue boiling for about 1-1 1/2 hours until chicken is completely cooked.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool off and skim the broth for any bones or fat and remove.
- To the broth add the chicken bouillion and then add the vegetables.( I add mushrooms in place of the celery or sometimes just carrots. Use whatever vegetables you like).
- Let the vegetables cook until almost tender.
- While vegetables are cooking remove chicken from the bone and shred and add to the soup.
- When the vegetables have become tender add in the noodles.(I use Grandmas noodles which can be found in the frozen section usually near the frozed bread dough.) Wait for the noodles to completely cook and then the soup is done and ready to eat.
- You can add water anytime during the cooking stage if the water looks like it is boiling down too low. This is one of those recipes that you can make it your own.