Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditional moist dressing, baked outside of the bird. I make this when I am cooking a turkey breast without the cavity.
- 340.19 g dry bread cubes
- 473.18 ml diced celery
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 29.58 ml chopped Italian parsley
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh sage
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.32 ml butter, melted
- 591.47 ml turkey broth or 591.47 ml chicken broth
- Combine ingredients by tossing lightly and place in an oblong baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes more.
This was really good. I loved the fresh herbs. Like another reviewer, mine turned out very moist, some might think overly moist, but I like it that way, so I was happy with it. The only change I made was to add an egg to it, just because that's how I always make my dressing. Thanks Sue for a very tasty recipe!!
I used this for Thanksgiving meal 2009. It was disappointing because it turned out soggy. My breadcrumbs were probably not dry enough so I shouldn't have added all the liquid. Experienced dressing makers probably would have been able to tell, I'm sure. I'm going to try again because I love the fresh herbs. Next time I'll hold the liquid.
Great way to do stuffing! I used a packaged bread cube in one dish and homemade soft bread stuffing in another. My guest could not decide which was better. The homemade cube was a softer and more moist dressing, the onions and celery really crunched! The other was just like my family favorite. Delicious!