Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a one-dish wonder from Grandma's Best Loved Recipes. Easy to prepare and very filling.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed beef vegetable barley soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef in large chunks, drain.
- Stir in soup, water, vegetables and seasonings. bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
- Pour mixture into 12 x 8 baking dish.
- Cut each biscuit in half, place, cut side down, around edge of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Top with remaining cheese and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions, bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
This was fantastic! We skipped the cheese and french fried onions on top to keep it a bit lighter. The flavors were wonderful. The whole family loved it!
Daughter and husband loved this. I thought it was a bit on the bland side, but still good for a quick meal.
I was going to submit this recipe myself and saw that it was already here. Everyone in my family loves this recipe. You can even sub the ground beef and the soup for chicken and condensed cream of chicken soup for a nice Old-fashioned Chicken Pot Pie.