Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe comes from Splenda. We thought it was quite good.
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Apple Pie ( Splenda ) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place one crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Place sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss.
- Spoon apple mixture into piecrust.
- Place the second crust over the filling. Seal edges, trim and flute. Make small openings in the top crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top crust is golden. Serve warm or chilled.
I have never made a pie before, I make cakes. A friend of my husband's is diabetic and asked if I could make an an apple pie with Spelnda. I found this recipe and figured it was worth a try. He loved it!! I made another one for my parents, though I didn't tell them that it was made with Splenda. They loved it as well and could not tell that it was made with Spelnda. I used Macintosh apples both times and they baked perfectly, not too soft and not too crisp. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!
Fantastic! My diabetic husband and I give it 5 stars!!! Made exactly as written and it turned our delish!!!!
I've made this recipe dozens of times for my diabetic FIL. He just loves it and so do we. Sometimes I add some additional spices - but just in tiny bits. It is really a great recipe for anyone who needs a low-sugar dessert. Thanks for submitting it kburie! I'd lost the recipe and was so glad you posted it. Thanks!!!