Recipe by Vino Girl
This recipe comes from Splenda. We thought it was quite good.
Top Review by deestrat
I have never made a pie before, I make cakes. A friend of my husband's is diabetic and asked if I could make an an apple pie with Spelnda. I found this recipe and figured it was worth a try. He loved it!! I made another one for my parents, though I didn't tell them that it was made with Splenda. They loved it as well and could not tell that it was made with Spelnda. I used Macintosh apples both times and they baked perfectly, not too soft and not too crisp. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!
- 1 double crust pie crust
- 7 cups baking apples, thin-sliced, cored, peeled
- 1 cup Splenda granular (artificial sweetener)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place one crust into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Place sliced apples into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine Splenda, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss.
- Spoon apple mixture into piecrust.
- Place the second crust over the filling. Seal edges, trim and flute. Make small openings in the top crust.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until the top crust is golden. Serve warm or chilled.