Key Lime Pie (Sugar Free - Splenda)
photo by mcthirl
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 2 cups sugar-free shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 1⁄4 ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk, at room temperature
- 4 ounces light non-fat vanilla yogurt, at room temperature
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon Splenda granular
- Use a food processor to turn cookies into crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into the botom of a pie plate.
- Combine gelatin and milk in a pot on the stove. Whisk while cooking over low heat until gelatin is dissolved.
- Pour whipping cream into a blender and blend until thick and fluffy. Pour into small bowl and stir in 1 tsp Spenda. Cover and refrigerate.
- In the blender, combine yogurt, cream cheese, lime juice, and zest in blender until smooth. Add gelatin and remaining Splenda. Blend an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate the pie for 3 hours or overnight for best results. Top with whipped cream to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Followed recipe. Did not set up after 5 hours in refrigerator. Would double gelatin amount. Took 8 limes to get 1/2 cup of juice. Will only do 1/3 cup next time. Way to liquidy and very tart. It took approx 10 min in blender to get whipping cream whipped. Plus not enough. I would just use a suger free pre whipped whipping cream, thou home made tastes better. This is NOT a quick recipe to make. It is no way close to the estimated amount time to make. Still like the basics of the recipe. Will make it again, with adjustments.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking and I especially love trying to find ways to make healthy, well rounded dishes that make me and my husband happy while on a budget. We have a dream to one day open up a luncheonette and gourmet deli in a small coastal town. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">