Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw this on Paula Deen and tried it for Valentines Day (a little early). It's very rich - but oh so good. I served it warm with Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 2 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add sugar, then eggs; beat well.
- Pour the filling in unbaked pie crust and bake for 25 minutes or until just set.
- Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream.
Pretty yummy! Candy liked it warm with a little whipped cream on top. Tom liked it cold as is. VERY rich!