Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great use for leftover roast beef. No one would ever know. This recipe is compliments of Crepe Cookery, 1976.
- 2 small onions, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 lb cooked roast beef, sliced thin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash paprika
- 6 -8 cooked crepes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onions in butter for several minutes; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Arrange the cooked onions on crepes, top with roast beef, fold crepes in half.
- Place in a shallow baking pan; cover with foil.
- Heat in oven until warm, approximately 10 minutes.
- While crepes are warming, combine the sour cream, horseradish, salt and paprika.
- Place crepes on plate and spoon sour cream mixture on top.
I had so much fun making this recipe! I think because I usually never have leftover roast to cook with (I saved some especially for this recipe!) I liked this recipe, my husband did not. The sauce could have a little more zing-the sour cream taste is a bit strong. I did like the horseradish and think I'd use a little more, and more paprika too, and my taste buds say "add allspice!" but I know that's just me! My first time having meat with crepes, and I must say, Paula, you have me hooked! Thanks again!
This was ok. I enjoyed making the crepes. Didn't care much for the horseradish sour cream sauce, but I love trying new things, and I think the DH will like it. Thanks for the different recipe.