Prep 12 hrs
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful, old-timey cookie wonderful with icy cold milk or a cup of hot tea. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cream shortening, salt and sugar together.
- Add flour gradually, working it in well.
- Add beaten eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Roll out thinly on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into rounds; brush with egg white, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar; press a pecan half into center of each cookie.
- Bake at 350F for ten minutes.