12 hrs 10 mins
A wonderful, old-timey cookie wonderful with icy cold milk or a cup of hot tea. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream shortening, salt and sugar together.
- 2Add flour gradually, working it in well.
- 3Add beaten eggs and mix thoroughly.
- 4Cover and chill overnight.
- 5Roll out thinly on a lightly floured board.
- 6Cut into rounds; brush with egg white, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar; press a pecan half into center of each cookie.
- 7Bake at 350F for ten minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Dutch Sand Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (1548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.3
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 7.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g