This was adapted from Aliza Green from Field Guide to Herbs & Spices. A little different from the recipes already here. Traditionally, this seasoning is used for steamed crabs, but is now used for fish, potato salad, potatoes, and other vegetables. This would also make a great gift, along with some recipes! Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons bay leaf powder
- 2 tablespoons celery salt (or 1 tbls. ground celery seed and 1 tbls. salt)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika (smoked paprika is even better if you can find it!)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight jar, mix thoroughly.
- Keep sealed until ready to use.
- To give as a gift, place in a pretty jar, along with some recipes. This would look nice in a basket, maybe with some measuring spoons, and ingredients for one of the recipes you give. Enjoy!