Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple side-salad making use of a local green known by the nickname of "Okinawan Spinach" - more commonly known as handama on island...
- 2 leaves iceberg lettuce
- 4 leaves okinawan spinach (handama)
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 2 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 teaspoon herbed croutons
- 1 tablespoon salad dressing, of choice (I used a creamy French-style cheese dressing)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (cracked)
- Rinse, strain, and tear lettuce and spinach greens into large bite-size chunks.
- Toss with onion, tomatoes, and croutons.
- Drizzle on dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This is so good! I have used napa cabbage also with this salad, cut very thin across the grain. Thanks for posting!