Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
You are gonna love these ! Trust me, No, I mean it Trust Me !! The name of this recipe comes from the two sugars.
- Combine the cucumber chunks, onions and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover with the ice and put a weight on top ( A plate with a gallon of liquid works well) Allow to stand for 3 or 4 hours and drain well.
- Combine vinegar, sugars and spices in a large pot and add drained vegetables.
- Place on medium low heat and bring to almost a boil, but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stuff into hot sterilized jars and add brine leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Seal in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- Prep time includes standing time.