Recipe by cook from scratch
An unusual but oh-so-simple, pot pie. This is the only way my husband will eat a pot pie. He hates those recipes with a thick biscuit-y crust and this is thinner. It makes a nice gravy with the cream of celery soup and chicken broth.
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I use Un-Boiled Chicken)
- 118.29 ml chicken broth (I use homemade!)
- 425.24 g cream of celery soup (I use Gluten-Free "canned" Cream of Celery Soup T-R-L)
- 177.44 ml plain flour
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise
- 354.88 ml frozen mixed vegetables, steamed in microwave
- 2-3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
- 59.14 ml butter, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken in the bottom of baking dish.
- Mix broth, veggies, soup and pepper and pour over the chicken.
- Place boiled eggs on top of the soup.
- Mix flour, milk and mayonnaise and pour on top.
- Place sliced butter squared on top evenly over the flour mixture.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes until golden brown.