Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super rich layered peanut butter pie! Everyone that eats this wants more and the recipe! Best served warm.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 regular pie crusts, 9 inch baked
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Place powdered sugar and peanut butter in bowl and cut in with a pastry blender, or fork, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of this mixture in bottom of each pie shell evenly.
- In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks.
- In another bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt; add milk and mix well.
- Pour over egg yolks; cook until mixture thickens, the THICKER the better.
- Add butter and vanilla; cook and stir until butter melts.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups in each pie shell and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining peanut butter mixture on tops (Divide EVENLY).
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Let set for about an hour.
Ny DH Peanut butter lover really enjoyed this! Was ok about it warm but he thinks it will be better cold! We`ll try it cold and I will repost after his opinion then. kcdelong`s review made me change the recipe thinking it wouldn`t be creamy! It was very creamy. I did use room temp.cream 5 ounces cheese mixed with peanut butter in the food processor then cut in the same amout of sugar. I liked it! I`m thinking to get chocolate into it some how! Maybe placing it on some hot fudge!!
This was a good recipe. It tasted wonderful. I had a little problem with it not being as creamy as I would like, but the taste was outstanding. I will make this again. Thanks for posting.