Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Super rich layered peanut butter pie! Everyone that eats this wants more and the recipe! Best served warm.
- Place powdered sugar and peanut butter in bowl and cut in with a pastry blender, or fork, until crumbly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of this mixture in bottom of each pie shell evenly.
- In the top of a double boiler, beat egg yolks.
- In another bowl, combine cornstarch, sugar, and salt; add milk and mix well.
- Pour over egg yolks; cook until mixture thickens, the THICKER the better.
- Add butter and vanilla; cook and stir until butter melts.
- Pour 1 1/4 cups in each pie shell and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining peanut butter mixture on tops (Divide EVENLY).
- Bake in preheated oven at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Let set for about an hour.