Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is wonderful! It's a great side dish and goes nearly with everything! It's so amazing and can be used as a main dish!If you don't have one of the kinds of beans listed, just toss in what you have, or just leave it out. Great little recipe for pot lucks, picnics and get togethers.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 ounce) can corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef, bacon and onion until meat is done and onion is tender. Drain any fat. Combine all ingredients except the beans and corn.
- Add to meat mixture; mix well.
- Stir in the beans and the corn.
- Place in a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350°F for 1 hour or until heated through.