Recipe by -Sylvie-
I was clearing out all the supermarket recipe leaflets and cards and all the cut out recipes that kept piling up in my kitchen. I thought I'd post the ones that I liked the look and sound of here, to share and for future reference. This way you might find something you like and my kitchen gets decluttered! If you try it before me let me know what you think. This is from the Asda Magazine.
- 1 lb rhubarb, trimed and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1⁄3 cup porridge oats
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/ 375 F/ Gas 5.
- Place the rhubarb into an 8x8 oven dish, sprinkle with orange juice and 1/3 cup sugar and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While it's in the oven, mix the flour and the oates in a large bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour and oates with your fingers until you have a crumbly mixture.
- Add the 1/4 cup sugar to the crumble mix.
- Remove the rhubarb from the oven and spoon the crumble on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden.
- Serve hot with custard or vanilla ice cream.