Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is such an easy recipe and soooo tasty. Keeps well if they last that long!! From Quaker Oats
- 4 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use less usually)
- 2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 2⁄3 cup toasted chopped mixed nuts (w/o peanuts) (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease 15x10 jelly roll pan.
- Combine first six ingredients and mix well.
- Firmly press into greased pan.
- Bake 18 minutes or so until bubbly.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly w/ choc chips.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spread chcolate over toffee.
- Sprinkle w/ nuts.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Store covered tightly.
this never became bubbly, but it is very good. I used butter and just walnuts (which I toasted briefly when the pan of oatmeal base came out of the oven). More of a confection than a cookie. Like oatmeal brittle.