Caramel Toffee Squares
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (according to family likings) (optional)
- Combine all base three ingredients and pat into a 7 x 11 brownie pan.
- Bake at 350°F 20 minutes or until golden.
- Place butter, sugar, syrup and sweetened condensed milk into a saucepot over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, for five minutes, stirring constantly, as it can burn easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat with a spoon until it starts to thicken: pour over the baked cooled base.
- Melt chips in a saucepot and when smooth, spread over caramel.Again the melted chocolate drizzled over the top can be optional.
- Chill and cut into squares.
Join The Conversation
I have had this square just as written before and thought it was good...not outstanding. However, this week a co-worker brought this square in but without the chocolate and it was awesome! I had to come home and make some to add to my Christmas baking stash. Very easy and very tasty. I only used 1c. plus 2T. of flour but the climate is very cold and dry this time of year. Thanks for sharing this new staple in my house :)