Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Crunchy, chewy oatmeal-raisin cookies
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375F/190°C.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine oats, flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix into butter mixture until just combined. Stir in raisins.
- Drop the dough by heaped tablespoons onto ungreased baking sheets, leaving a 2" gap between each mound.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool on sheet for at least a minute before transferring to a rack.