A hearty, creamy oatmeal with extra protein makes a filling tasty breakfast. No eggy taste here! I used a medium egg because I accidently had them, you could probably double and keep the egg at 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1soak the oats in 1/2 cup water overnight (i add a spoonful of plain yogurt to make more digestible).
- 2in the morning add the other 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, stir in cinnamon and simmer about 5-10 minutes until thick and tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3at the very end turn off heat, crack the egg into the oatmeal and stir stir stir until smooth and creamy. the heat from the oats cooks the egg.
- 4add the sweetener of your choice and top with fruit or nuts if you want.
- 5*the soaking overnight is totally optional! i do to cut down on cook time.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Porridge (With Egg)
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 77.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 12.8 g