Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty, creamy oatmeal with extra protein makes a filling tasty breakfast. No eggy taste here! I used a medium egg because I accidently had them, you could probably double and keep the egg at 1.
- soak the oats in 1/2 cup water overnight (i add a spoonful of plain yogurt to make more digestible).
- in the morning add the other 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil, stir in cinnamon and simmer about 5-10 minutes until thick and tender, stirring occasionally.
- at the very end turn off heat, crack the egg into the oatmeal and stir stir stir until smooth and creamy. the heat from the oats cooks the egg.
- add the sweetener of your choice and top with fruit or nuts if you want.
- *the soaking overnight is totally optional! i do to cut down on cook time.