Recipe by Vino Girl
From Cooking Light November 2006
Top Review by mikey & ev
WOW! Not a traditional pecan pie, but dare I say better! (1) I boiled the sugar and corn syrup to combine, let it cool slightly; (2) beat the eggs, then added that into the sugar mixture; (3) mixed the rest of the ingredients together; (4) poured it all into a puff pastry crust. Next time I would add some extra pecans to the mix, but it definitely came out great! Perfect consistency and super tasty!
- 0.5 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- cooking spray
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Roll dough into an 11-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate coated with cooking spray. Fold edges under; flute.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, stirring well with a whisk. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.