I was in the mood for peanut butter and chocolate, so I tweaked an old recipe and came up with these chewy little beauties. The kids, including my biggest one (my dear hubby), were very pleased.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, brown sugar and sugar. Then stir in eggs, vanilla extract and milk.
- In a separate medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir into wet mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Since the dough is relatively stiff, I found it necessary to work the oats and chips into the dough with my hands.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place onto a lightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 F for 10-13 minutes until cookie bottoms are lightly browned and tops are no longer shiny.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool and enjoy. Store in an air-tight container for up to one week (that is if they last that long). :).