Chef #652548's Note:
Simple, pretty healthy, dessert that goes great with vanilla frozen yogurt. The texture isn't your typical cookies. It's a bit cake like due to the bananas. Also, I used 50/50 half wheat, half white flour, but I'm sure using either one would work just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas (about 1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips (more or less to preference)
- 8 tablespoons chunky peanut butter (more or less to preference)
- 1Mix the oats, flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 2Mash bananas and oil in a separate bowl using a potato masher (or something to that effect).
- 3Mix the banana-oil blend into the dry ingredients.
- 4Add in peanut butter, stir (an electric mixer might be best), then the mini chocolate chips.
- 5Use a cookie dough scoop to place on baking sheet (with cooking spray) and flatten gently with a spatula.
- 6Bake for 10-15 minute in a 370 degree oven.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g