Recipe by glerkydestiny
Simple, pretty healthy, dessert that goes great with vanilla frozen yogurt. The texture isn't your typical cookies. It's a bit cake like due to the bananas. Also, I used 50/50 half wheat, half white flour, but I'm sure using either one would work just fine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas (about 1 cup)
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 ounces semisweet mini chocolate chips (more or less to preference)
- 8 tablespoons chunky peanut butter (more or less to preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oats, flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Mash bananas and oil in a separate bowl using a potato masher (or something to that effect).
- Mix the banana-oil blend into the dry ingredients.
- Add in peanut butter, stir (an electric mixer might be best), then the mini chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to place on baking sheet (with cooking spray) and flatten gently with a spatula.
- Bake for 10-15 minute in a 370 degree oven.