These are different and, in my opinion, delicious. Not a favourite with the men in my house (sigh) so I don't get to make them too often. ("Ew, wheat germ.") Hope your family likes them!
- In bowl, pour milk over rolled oats; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together flours, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs and oil together; add to dry ingredients along with milk/oats mixture, stirring just until mixed (if batter is too thick, add a little more milk).
- Heat a large greased skillet over medium to med-high heat.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles on top break but do not fill in, and bottoms are golden and set.
- Turn over and cook for about 30-60 seconds longer, or until set.
- Best served with peeled apple slices that you've previously sauteed in butter and brown sugar and kept warm; or with pure maple syrup.
These pancakes were simply delicious and filling, and healthy to boot. I just didn't tell my "men" what was in the pancakes and they both loved them. Will definately make again.
Fabulous! They were fluffy and filling with a wonderful flavor. I used butter flavor cooking spray on my griddle for an extra layer of flavor. 5 stars+!
Me and my son loved these pancakes. But DH didn't like the texture of the oatmeal in them. It was very good with maple syrup. Thanks Lennie :) Made for I Recommend tag game