Recipe by Lennie
These are different and, in my opinion, delicious. Not a favourite with the men in my house (sigh) so I don't get to make them too often. ("Ew, wheat germ.") Hope your family likes them!
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, pour milk over rolled oats; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, stir together flours, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs and oil together; add to dry ingredients along with milk/oats mixture, stirring just until mixed (if batter is too thick, add a little more milk).
- Heat a large greased skillet over medium to med-high heat.
- Pour in about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles on top break but do not fill in, and bottoms are golden and set.
- Turn over and cook for about 30-60 seconds longer, or until set.
- Best served with peeled apple slices that you've previously sauteed in butter and brown sugar and kept warm; or with pure maple syrup.