Heart Healthy Oatmeal Pancakes
- Ready In:
- 1 cup buttermilk (1 cup milk Tbsp white vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 cup oil
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder (can substitute no sodium baking powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Pour buttermilk over oats and soak 15 minutes or up to overnight.
- Beat in egg, oil, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Fry on a hot, greased griddle until bubbles form on top. Flip over and cook another minute or two until cooked through.
- Serve smeared with butter, maple syrup or jam.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Elementary reading teacher who loves to cook. Good food, good friends and good conversation are my passions.