Recipe by tgobbi
This is a broiled oatmeal dish called Oatmeal & Cream. It appeared in the Chicago Tribune on 1/31/96.
Top Review by Maito
This is really good, though I couldn't get it to brulee with my torch like I normally can. The frozen yogurt makes this dish special. I used less sugar and followed the oatmeal package directions of 1/2 cup oatmeal per 1 cup liquid for one person.
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt, slitely soften
- 1⁄2 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring milk, oatmeal, salt, 2 T brown sugar to a boil.
- Simmer 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Heat broiler.
- Divide mixture between 2 ovenproof bowls or gratin dishes.
- Top each w 1/4 C yogurt& 1 T brown sugar.
- Broil 6" from heat until sugar starts to bubble& carmelize, 1- 2 min.
- Serve w/ berries on top.