Recipe by dawnie2u
I adapted this recipe for my husband who adores oatmeal cookies. I added dried cranberries and chopped nuts to make them a little healthier. I used a scoop to make them today and I ended up with 43 cookies instead of 48. When I used a tablespoon, I ended up with 48 cookies.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick Quaker Oats or 3 cups Old-Fashioned Quaker oats, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Beat together butter and sugars until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats, walnuts or pecans, cranberries and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen.
- Bar Cookies: Bake 30 to 35 minutes in ungreased 13x9-inch metal baking pan.