Recipe by TAHINAZ
Soft oatmeal raisin cookies with a hint of orange. From New American Cook Book, 1941.
Top Review by Boomette
I made small cookies with this recipe. 2-3 cookies made a great snack. I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup. These are so good. The taste of orange is yummy. Thanks Tahinaz :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream shortening and sugar until light.
- Combine egg and milk.
- Add alternately with oatmeal.
- Stir in raisins, orange zest and dry ingredients.
- Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.