Here's another one from The Planet Organic Market Cookbook, this is a change of pace from a standard pie crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the nuts and seeds in a 350°F oven. The sunflower seeds will toast in about 3 -5 minutes and the almonds in about 8 to 10 minutes.
- 2In a food processor or blender, grind the almonds or pecans until finely minced.
- 3Melt butter and honey together; add vanilla extract.
- 4Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 5Press firmly and evenly into bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
- 6Bake 10 to 12 minutes until barely golden brown.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal Cookie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 263.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 4.9 g