Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's another one from The Planet Organic Market Cookbook, this is a change of pace from a standard pie crust.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup almonds or 1⁄4 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Toast the nuts and seeds in a 350°F oven. The sunflower seeds will toast in about 3 -5 minutes and the almonds in about 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, grind the almonds or pecans until finely minced.
- Melt butter and honey together; add vanilla extract.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Press firmly and evenly into bottom and sides of a 9 or 10 inch pie pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until barely golden brown.