Oatmeal Nut Pie Crust
- Ready In:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup finely minced walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Toast oatmeal in a shallow pan for 10 minutes to brown, watch carefully.
- Remove from oven and in small mixing bowl combine oatmeal with remaining ingredients.
- Press into 9-inch pie plate.
- Fill with desired filling and bake or bake crust empty for later use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Just what I was looking for to pair w/ lime curd for a tart! I opted to pulse in food processor after mixing all ingredients as I wanted a little finer texture on the oats. I forgot to time it since no bake time was given for an empty crust...I just pulled it out when it looked golden, and suspect it was about 15-20 min. in oven total in glass pie pan. Pressed into pan well, but would weight it down in the future baking it empty. I submitted a picture of what it looked like after baking. Great texture to compliment curd!
This is fabulous - I've been looking for a truly good non-wheat pie crust and this is the best so far. Just a few tiny changes: instead of toasting the oatmeal in the oven, I stirred the oats in a medium-hot iron skillet. No particular reason, it was just on the stove and ready to go. Used Splenda instead of sugar, as we're low-carbers - didn't miss the brown sugar at all, plenty of flavor. Mixed it all up in the food processor. What a snap to make. Thank you, thank you! This one's a keeper!