Recipe by lovemeangel
Good healthy alternative to brownies. Requested this recipe from a good friend while smelling it baking in her oven:) Kids and adults alike love this, esp. those who are fond of oatmeal cookies.
Top Review by Rheka
Great not too sweet snack cake. This smells just like chocolate chip cookies when it bakes. Yum. I did add 1 tsp. of vanilla and only had to cook it for 30 minutes. Do divide your chips...some are suppose to go on top according to the recipe. I also added 1/4c. of minced salted peanuts on top. Fantastic. Will be making this again and again. Betcha can't eat just one square.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the oat and boiling water, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Next, stir in the sugar, eggs and butter.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and the semi sweet morsels.
- Combine all ingredients; pour into greased 9x13 pan; sprinkle remaining pkg of chocolate morsels over batter; add chopped nuts (optional) Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.