Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cake
Old fashion Oatmeal cake with an updated taste....so good!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Pour boiling water over rolled oats and let stand 20 minutes.
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually add sugars beating until fluffy. Blend in vanilla and eggs.
- Add softened oatmeal and mix well. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup dark chocolate chips and 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- Pour batter in 9”x13” greased pan.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips. toffee bits and pecans on top of cake.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Tip: Good dessert for a picnic or a potluck meal.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
this was easy to make. i made it a sheet cake and it was good. a bit too gooey and moist (but that may have been b/c of the extremely humid day i made it) but it definitely tastes better the next day! so make it at least a day in advance. it lasted several days with out drying out too :) but very fun tastes and textures.Reply