Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
They are soft, a little chewy, and not particularly sweet.
Make and share this Oatmeal Cherry Almond Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream sugar and butter. add eggs and golden syrup, mix well.
- Meanwhile cook cherries in water (to cover) in microwave for about a minute to plump them up.
- Discard half the liquid, cool.
- Mix flour, baking soda, oats and nuts together. add cherries and cooking liquid to the wet ingredients; mix well.
- Loosely fold the dry ingredients in, leave batter to sit for at least half an hour (can be refrigerated overnight, but the cookie texture will be different).
- Drop teaspoons of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool before storing.
- They are soft, a little chewy, and not particularly sweet.