Just wait until you taste these cookies! the butterscotch or caramel pudding gives these cookies a fantastic flavour and texture. You can use instant or regular, large (6-ounce) or small (3-ounce) box and butterscotch OR caramel pudding mix! Plan ahead, this dough needs to be chilled for 30 minutes before shaping and baking. Yield amount is only estimated.
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled (no subs please!)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix (can use caramel too)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips (or white baking chips or 1/2 cup of each!)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chunks)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or line with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together melted and cooled butter, both sugars, pudding mix and both extracts; stir well to combine.
- Stir in eggs and water; mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, mix together the oatmeal, rolled oats, coconut, flour, baking soda, and salt; mix to combine.
- Mix the dry mixture into the egg/butter mixture; stir well to combine.
- Fold in baking chips and pecans.
- Chill the dough for about 30 minutes.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove from fridge, and shape into large balls (about 2 tablespoons each).
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and press down the dough slightly.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until JUST set and golden brown around the edges.