Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
From: “I Like Food, Food Tastes Good: In the Kitchen with your Favorite Bands”
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (8 tbs)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
For the topping
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour boiling water over the oats and let stand for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, blend the butter and sugars together, add the vanilla, eggs and dry ingredients. Mix in the oats and bake for 35 minutes.
- For the topping: Mix together and spread over cake.
- Set under the broiler for a minute or two - or just until the top bubbles.