Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup no-sugar-added apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional) or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, stir together the jam, oil, honey, and egg whites until well combined.
- Stir in the flour mixture, oats, wheat germ, and walnuts, if desired.
- Drop the dough by heaping Tbsp on the baking sheet, spacing the mounds 1" apart. Bake for 17 minutes or until the cookies are set and browned.
- Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- The cookies can be frozen or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This were great. I was looking for a not too sweet cookie for my kids.
For once I followed a recipe exactly and...they taste...funny. Not horrible, but not good or exciting either. I think it may be the olive oil. Mine also burnt before 17 minutes. I think they would have a nicer texture if one used quick rolled oats.